· Monitors & responds to telephone, voicemail, email and ticketing systems to resolve customer issues with the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Performs related duties such as using remote access tools (Goverlan, GoToAssist, etc.) and other software and equipment (inventory scanner).
· Implements approved systems and/or programs (software deployment, patches, bios updates, etc.), determines the hardware or software requirements for MassDOT employees, contractors or interns; determines appropriate response to error conditions; verifies data and print-outs for errors and completeness (Active Directory accounts); and consults with users, technical personnel, and vendors to identify and resolve problems or to notify of existing or potential problems.
· Images, installs and troubleshoots end user computing equipment such as PC's, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, scanners, printers, and new technology as deployed
· Tests systems and/or programs by preparing tests plans and data, conducting, test runs, reviewing input and output data for accuracy and validity, determining causes / system failure and making necessary changes to ensure the validity of the system or program prior to implementation or deployment.
· Participates in the activities required for the operation and maintenance of systems by recommending changes and correction and to provide new needs of users.
· With direction from IT Operations Management and the Enterprise Desktop Architect, follows all security guidelines and remediation tasks related to PCI to ensure 100% compliancy.
· Develops and enhances Service Desk documentation/knowledge and educates end users on applications.
· Attends and contributes to professional meetings, seminars, and training to keep up to date with the developments in the IT profession.
· Establishes and maintains a collaborative professional rapport with MassDOT peers and customers to ensure timely response and resolution.
· Completes all mandatory training as required.
· Creates and Maintains user accounts (not limited to changing passwords, adding users and workstations to security groups, and disabling accounts).
· Follows all major outage SOP (standard operating procedures) guidelines for local and system wide outages.
· Upgrades workstations to meet changing infrastructure needs.
· Consumes Service Desk documentation/knowledge and educates end users on applications.
· Works on special projects as required.
· Knowledge and concepts of computer hardware and software support.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and work efficiently with management supervision
· Ability to logically troubleshoot and resolve complex technology issues.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment.
· Ability to establish rapport and work collaboratively with others.
· Ability to maintain a professional and courteous work environment at all times.
· Ability to prepare and use technical documentation and flow charts.
· Experience working with vendors to resolve customer issues and managing project related work.
· Ability to manage customer issues from beginning to resolution using all tools necessary.
· 2-3 Years of Tier 1 and 2 PC/Computer support
· Current knowledge of servers and networking technology a plus
· Technical certifications are a plus