IT Asset and Inventory Controller
Job Title: IT Asset and Inventory Controller
Location: Boston, on-site
Duration: 6 months
Number of Openings: 1 (one)
Interview Process: Phone screen, then video intv.
Start Date: ASAP
- Physically demanding, should be able to lift 50lbs
- Will be doing a lot of unboxing, there is a significant amount of physicality to it
- Should have an understanding of what asset/inventory controller/tracking means
- Nice to have – background in financial services or banking
- Could be hardware or software, so should be aware of both
- They use ServiceNow and ProcureIT
- Maintain Asset Tracking Application with accurate data associated to the administration tasks.
- Act self- sufficiently in regard to inventory control procedures.
- Evaluate and analyze tracked asset discrepancies for assigned location.
- Follow-up on identifying root cause of asset discrepancies by working across system teams.
- Manage workload independently performing day to day activities and procedures associated to (receiving, unboxing, lease roll-overs, returns, tracking of SW, pc moves) and manage daily workload.
- Escalate urgent/high priority issues to a lead asset controller.
- Follow-up on equipment ETAs with External vendors and communicate delays appropriately.
- Perform new Product evaluations to streamline Inventory procedures.
- Assist in evaluating efficiencies around manual procedures that cross multiple System departments and assist in developing solutions for improvements.
- Offer external vendor recommendations for scheduling Receiving and Pickups which is unique to each facility.
- (Europe) Liaison with GTS during quarterly lease return events, annual physical inventories, equipment receipts and discrepancy reconciliation.
- As new applications or upgrades are developed, assist in testing and developing solutions for procedure improvements.
- Ability to prioritize competing deliverables and manage through peak volumes of assets.
- Participate in external department projects for inventory implementation/deliver of asset control task which is defined with their administration and maintenance responsibilities.
- Support sister offices during peak volumes.
- BA/BS degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years experience in inventory environment, preferably IT environment.
- Able to use standard desktop tools effectively (Microsoft
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and advanced functions. Microsoft Access a plus.
- Knowledge of System infrastructure (Software, Hardware (configuration a plus), Telecom, Maintenance)
- Able to perform well in a team environment.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to think analytically and resolve problems