This role encompasses these major areas of responsibility:
- Technical leadership and oversight of project efforts on the assigned platform
- Effective and efficient project and client involvement
- Technical support and consultation for sales initiatives
- A key objective for this position interpret client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement, and support of eCommerce projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The below list represents the major tasks assigned to incumbents in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks.
Project / Client Involvement and Leadership (85%)
- Technical ownership and authority of assigned client project
- Enforce best practices for development on the platform
- Ensure solution that is delivered is consistent with company development policies and standards.
- Perform quality review of work products (post facto)
- Peer programming when needed
- Architect and design platform solutions and integrations based on client requirements
- Participate in project discoveries to provide technical support and to ensure that we understand client request from an engineering perspective
- Initial technical escalation point for the project team and clients
- Support the project team through key project events (e.g planning sessions, release demos, UAT sessions, site launch)
- Provide highly efficient development effort when necessary
- Stay abreast of technical and functional dependencies across multiple initiatives
Organization and Sales Support (15%)
- Provide assistance for onboarding and training of new employees and/or external team members
- Communicating with prospective clients regarding our processes and potential architectures for solutions
- Estimate level of effort for potential projects
- Support sales staff with training and demos for platform solutions
- Platform(s) certifications
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of platform experience OR multiple years of experience architecting enterprise web applications.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Expert knowledge of engineering and platform technologies, concepts, procedures, and practices.
- Leadership skills. Creativity. Judgment. Analytic skills
- Excitement to coach and mentor engineers at all levels of the department
- Think, Devote, Share, Celebrate, Compete, Act with Integrity